Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The cooking challenge






Okay, so my sister Charlene and I have decided to have a challenge. While this may seem silly to some, it is reality for us. Reality is that we do not cook enough at home, especially for dinner. It seems to have escaped our daily life. Eating out has become our norm.. To be truthful, I am sick of it. It is pretty bad when you can't decided where you want to "eat out" because you have had it all....

Our challenge? To cook dinner at home Monday thru Friday...AT LEAST... This means no matter what. It means preparing and planning... It means sticking to our guns.

SO, my menu??? Well, that is interesting. I hope to try new stuff and am up for some suggestions. I found myself so inspired that I bought Rachael Ray's new magazine for some ideas...


I am really stuck on trying to find stuff to make in the crock pot or prepare ahead meals. Hopefully, I can build a collection of these... I have a few (most of which will be pulled out the first few weeks of this challenge).

I am going to get creative... How about Menu Monday???

Here it goes...


Monday: Pot Roast and veggies in the crock pot


Tuesday: Pulled pork sandwiches

Wednesday: Lasagna Roll-ups with garlic bread

Thursday: Garlic Shrimp, veggies and rice

Friday: Paprika Chicken and potatoes




Whew... While it is not gourmet, it is a start....

I think my family is going to go into shock! (At least my husband might)

My daughter will probably go through McDonald withdrawal, we will see....

Hope all is well with everyone!

More later









2 comments:

Charlene said...

I posted my menus in my sidebar under Menu Matters last night. Looks like we are both ready to give it a try! Let's do this thing!

Lara said...

Ok...where is week #2's MENU? I look forward to seeing what you have planned for each night.