Saturday, October 20, 2007

Suddenly Saturday

Okay... I am still alive (barely). I was supposed to work midnights tonight and suddenly, the phone rang at 0440 in the AM... Yes, I said AM. Ouch. They wanted to to come in and work days. Did they even check the schedule to see if I was already on it? NO! Why would you want to do that? It only makes sense. Matt was not to happy. I thought he was going to scream!!!
Well, after being awake, I decided to point out how I couldn't work for 24 hours straight.. Hmmmmmmm.... I wonder if they would have let me? I offered up a trade and worked days instead. This was a much better deal all around. SO, Saturday happened very SUDDENLY... I think I should take the phone off the hook tonight so Sunday doesn't follow this trend as well.
What to do next... Sleep, study, write my paper or blog more... Life is to short and I need more hours in the day. I have to do a paper now. More later

Jess

5 comments:

Warren said...

I know this: I wouldn't want to see you after working 24hrs Jess!!
So was YOUR sweetest day? Felt weird buying Susan a gift for what I consider a fake holiday(are you with me on this Matt and John???)but I know the penalties for not doing so are severe....

Hope you had fun working on your paper. Me,I'm finishing up double # 5. The reward? A trip to Michigan today and vacation starting next Saturday...peace out Brain...love Pinky NARF!! ;)

Jessica said...

Have fun on your road trip to Michigan! I am sure that you are ready for a major vacation after all this work!!!!!! Actually, I believe that sweetest day is a Hallmark Holiday. I did get flowers though (Thanks Matt)

Marilyn R said...

Know you Jess I think you could work 24hrs. straight! You do anyway - just not at the hospital!

Lara said...

That was sweet that you got flowers for sweetest day! My gift was my husband going to the Notre Dame game without me. That, and having 30 teenagers over for Amber's 18th bday party! GOOD TIMES! My husband also agrees that it doesn't count, because it is a HALLMARK Holiday and not a real one.

Charlene said...

Pish Posh on all this Hallmark Holiday stuff, the truth is with what we do around the house,with the kids, and for them - they get off CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!! A couple of holidays a year, real or made up!