Tuesday, October 9, 2007

There are no bells anymore

I dropped Alanna off at preschool today and heard the sound of the school bell. It brought back memories.

Now, as I sit in class today, I am thinking about how the school bell used to ring when I was in elementary school. It was the most joyous sound a kid could here. It always meant recess or the end of the school day. I can't help but thinking how awesome it would be for a bell to ring in college as well.
After listening to a professor for three hours, I can't help but smell the smoke escaping from my ears. Not to mention, I have to do it for two classes, each three hours in length. They need to give us bells so that we can use the toliet and get snacks... I think that would make classes easier.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love to learn. I guess my mind is just not as young as it used to be. I think that writing on the blackboard was fun... Listening to professors read directly from power point slides doesn't do it for me anymore. Challenge is essential, especially at a Graduate level. Hands on time in clinicals is where I learn best, perhaps this hands on talent came from me using chalk earlier in my education. Who knows... I just wish that the bell would ring when I'm there! It never does.......

8 comments:

Charlene said...

Great job with your Blog Sis! I love your picture of the bell...I'd love to be able to ring that bell for you and bring you a snack at school! How fun, we could sit out on the grass and watch the clouds and talk about our next trip to DISNEY!

Charlene said...

Great job with your Blog Sis! I love your picture of the bell...I'd love to be able to ring that bell for you and bring you a snack at school! How fun, we could sit out on the grass and watch the clouds and talk about our next trip to DISNEY!

Charlene said...

Don't ask me why that posted twice...so hey, now you have 3 new comments!

Jessica said...

Thanks!!! could you bring me only 2 white castles though... I learned that is my sodium limit for the day!

Marilyn R said...

Great blog Jessica! I may "steal" some ideas from you! Two White Castles for the sodium count for a whole day - Yikes!!!!! Guess what I will think about the next time I have some sliders.

Marilyn R said...

Hey Jess - I tagged you with a meme on my blog - go and check it out. I am looking forward to your answers!

Warren said...

THE BELLS,THE BELLS MAKE THEM STOP!! Sorry,couldn't resist that. Snacks and potty breaks??? Your not in KIndergarten anymore little sister. Seems like you enve Alanna's routine....

Lara said...

Oh how I WISH we had the bells and snack breaks in our every day grown up lives. That would be so much fun. It would break up the daily routine and get us moving and communicating with others. Instead of being stuck in a chair for 8 hrs, looking at a computer typing your life away. Can we have HOT DOG DAY too?