Saturday, January 5, 2008

Clean Sweep

Well, one thing is for sure, this house needed to be cleaned... BIG TIME!

I am usually a clean person, but definitely not organized. While my husband has helped me immensely with the house the past few months, the "deeper things" needed to be done. I think I still have some bad habits that I had to have picked up in childhood.... These include stashing things behind doors, drawers and cabinets in hopes of "forgetting about them". Unfortunately, I am still the one that eventually has to open these drawers and cabinets and still clean them. Ugh!

So, today I decided to continue my clean sweep. It all started the beginning of the week when I cleaned Alanna's room and my dresser drawers. The rest of my upper level is essentially clean except for two big tasks: My closet and the dreaded office (soon to be the next child's bedroom). I did not take a before picture of my closet and really should have. Here is the after photo:




I don't think I have ever seen the back of my closet since we moved in! Hopefully, I can keep it this way....


Next, I moved on to the worst room of all.....


My sister, Charlene, came to keep me company while I cleaned... Here a photo of her helping....

Hey, my sister is leaving for Florida AGAIN so she is practicing being a Princess again... You know, being a Princess is hard work! It was great to have a bit of company while I worked on the beast of rooms. Here is what it looks like now:


This was definitely a clean sweep.. I have to say thanks to Charlene who encouraged me that it was okay to throw stuff away... Whew! IT FELT GREAT!!!!

6 comments:

Charlene said...

I had a great time playing Go Fish and practicing the Tiara look again! Yes next week this time I'll be there!!!!! I can hardly wait!!

David said...

good job cleaning ... u guys need to be careful over there !! only one more kid cuz then u have to start using my room as a baby room... and that just can't happen

Warren said...

Yes,you did(and still do) have pack rat tendencies as a kid Jessica. Just one of those habits you'll always have(like my habit of making hair raising turns when driving). So Char was overseeing the GREAT CLEAN UP was she? Such hard work being a member of the nobility is it not?? I'm just jealous,I bet when Char hits Florida we'll either get clobbered with snow and or cold.

desirae said...

Ohh I am so jealous of your clean sweep.. I often have grand ideas like that, of course I always tend to end up with a Bigger mess, than what I had before.. And I can't get rid of anything.. (I mean I might eventually find out what that part went to, or find a new use for old batteries, or fit into my pre-children clothes..fingers crossed.)

onthegomom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!!!!!

WOW, GREAT job on the clean sweep. I did some deep cleaning last fall and it felt great. Now for the rest of the house...

Rose said...

Oh, I am so jealous of your nice clean rooms and closets. I'm a neat freak by nature and could easily clear a room of all excess in mere minutes but the Rancher is a pack rat. No sooner do I fill a trash bin with things to toss than he is digging through it and retrieving it all, stuffing it back in what he calls hidey holes. This is NOT a good thing when you live in a four room house. So I have to content myself with rearranging the junk and scrubbing in hopes that it will all FEEL clean when I'm done!