Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Liar in the Bathroom

Okay.... We have all been there. That moment when you realize you want a nice hot breakfast.. One that you don't have to cook. My personal favorite: Cracker Barrel. As we drove there, my mouth was watering. I knew exactly what I wanted: Biscuits and gravy! Even better, when we pulled up to the restaurant, there were hardly any cars. The DH says: "Good timing, Mom.... Oh, wait. They looked closed...." UGH!!!! Now what! Not only were they closed, the roto-rooter van was in the back. Forget breakfast here today....



We went to the second place, Bob Evans. I think everyone else went there since Cracker Barrel was closed. While we waited, of course the usual trip to the bathroom had to occur with Alanna. While in there, she tested her vocal abilities by screaming... You heard me. SCREAMING! Now, interestingly enough, there was this women on her cell phone while going to the bathroom. YUCK! She was completely annoyed and while my daughter settled down for a moment, she told the person on the phone that she was "just washing her hands in the bathroom!" LIAR!!! She was completely doing the deed on the pot! While she continued to "complain" about my daughter to who she was talking too I loudly said, "You are using the phone while going to the bathroom! What do you expect!" I intentionally did this to embarrass her while on the phone, especially since she lied!



It wasn't over there.... While Alanna was washing her hands, this lady continued to huff and puff while Alanna sang in the bathroom. After quite possibly shooting me a look that would kill, and remaining on the cell phone by the sink I said: "What do you expect to get when you talk on the phone in the bathroom!"



Now, I think I had an evil streak in me... I really wanted to be seated right behind the lady so I could let Alanna bounce up and down while she colored and waited for breakfast to come. The lady lucked out.



Seriously though, while my kid is NOT an angel, why in the world would you try to have a conversation on the phone in the public bathroom!!!! UGH!!!!



Breakfast was great.... Not Cracker Barrel but close enough, and I didn't have to cook it which made it even better.

10 comments:

OHmommy said...

LOL. I felt like I was right there in the bathroom with you. I could actually picture this lady. Nicely written! Thanks for the comment. I too, will be back!

Janice said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog, your layout is super cute, love the Valentine theme going on.

As for your post, Ya, sick- on the phone while using a public restroom-YUCK. Besides I hate liars.

MilitaryMom said...

So funny! You know people do this all the time, even MY MOM while I'm on the phone with her at home. We'll be talking, and all of a sudden-whoosh! And she is so frank about it she doesn't even apologize or even get embarassed! Yuk! Thanks for visiting my blog, yours is so cute! I'll be back!

desirae said...

Gross.. Don't people realize that whoever they are on the phone with can TELL they are in the bathroom. (There is always an echo in a bathroom.. Seriously you can tell.) I love people that get all bent out of shape over my kids in a restaraunt. Not that my kids are running around the table naked.. Just that they are kids, and get antsy and bored. My take on it is, if people are bothered by my kids, don't go to a place that gives out crayons OR has a seperate kids menu.. (Maybe your bathroom phoner had a hemorrhoid..That would explain her bad attitude.)Love how you ratted her out.

Marilyn R said...

Thanks for giving me a laugh today. I could just picture that lady in the bathroom! If I was the person she was talking to I would be wondering why it took her so long to wash her hands!

dcrmom said...

that's hilarious and gross all at the same time. lol!!

HRH said...

What a strange woman! I am glad you called her on it.

**"Liza"** said...

lol that is not very nice of her...I dont like people talking on the phone while doing a deed.. lol good thing I'm not on that person on other line!..lol..

onthegomom said...

Seriously, how rude! If she wanted to carry on a conversation LEAVE THE BATHROOM. Good for you for speaking up!!

Warren said...

Bet it was those biscuits and gravy that plugged up the plimbing at cracker barrel. LOL NIce way to bust out that witch on the phone....pure evil genius