Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday, In the Park???

Well, at least that's where my mind was.... I don't remember much but the DH sure got some laughs from the anesthesia they had given me... I guess I was quite the exhibitionist while I was being wheeled on a cart from the OR to my room... Lets just say I was not modest and apparently forgot where I was.... (Man... can I hide now or later... and Wow, this is totally the number one reason not to have a surgical procedure at the facility you work at)... Just think about that for a moment... People would be saying things like, "Man, did you here what she did after surgery??? She totally showed her who-ha to everyone and didn't care!!!"

Aside from completely embarrassing myself with the whole flashing incident, I mumbled stuff about Obama and Hilary Clinton in 2007 (That must have been a total political nightmare in my mind), asked the nurse if I peed or farted in the OR (Obviously a deep fear of mine...), and I wanted to make sure I remembered the date since I kept repeating it over and over again (Fearing I lost my orientation and sense of reality)....

I love anesthesia.....

I can't remember anything........ Its great....

Now, I will sulk in the embarrassment that I caused myself but will always remember that, for 15 seconds, I was a flasher!!!!

UGH!

PS... There were no photos taken.... DON'T EVEN ASK!!!!!!

5 comments:

Smalltown RN said...

Well I can't say that I have ever experienced that, but maybe you can use it as a good learning experience for when you recieve patients post surgery that sometimes their behaviours aren't there fault....particularily the eldery....and I do know what you mean about having a procedure done at your own facitily....my oh my

Taylor said...

Oh Man, that must have been embarrassing to hear about! At least you have a great sense of humor about it!!

Warren said...

My,my Jessica...and here I was concerned about you and how things went. Your story is like that one you told me about that "lady" you encountered at St. MArgarets(channeling her spirit maaybe?)a few years back. Anyway glad your doing okay and my "better half" aka Susan says hello. LOve you sis,Warren :)

Marilyn R said...

Jess, your blog is named "Never A Dull Moment" for a reason! *g* I am glad you are doing well. You can now read about my 6 facts now.I was a good girl and posted today!

MKHKK said...

Its better that you don't remember a thing. I love it that you are secretly scared of farting in the OR and are a flasher! A girl after my own heart. In my younger days, I ran down to the edge of the water at the beach buck naked and well the farting, that goes without saying! LOL. Hang in there. Each day will get better.
I have to deliver with my coworkers, not just where I work, but my friends will be the nurses and doctors. A little too close to home if you KWIM.