Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Tag! Six inconsequential things

Desirae at Burnt Cookies tagged me today, so I am calling it my Thursday Tag! The theme is six inconsequential things. Just perfect for me today, a nice COLD morning with nothing better to do than homework or blog... Obviously blogging has won. (Thanks for saving me Desirae!!!)

The Rules:
  • Link to the person that tagged you
  • Post the rules on your blog
  • Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
  • Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
  • Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Thats it!!!! So here it goes!

1. This one is a habit... I have a horrible tendancy to bit my fingernails. I have done this for as long as I can remember. I can't stop it! You would think that I would understand just how dirty my fingernails are since I am a nurse and all but NO! I still bite them!

2. Quirk? I have alot of those. I really hate telemarketers! Especially the ones that call you home and can't even pronounce your name correctly! Seriously people, if you can't even bother to call me by my appropriate name than DONT CALL ME AT ALL! No, you have not reached the SMELLS' residence or the SMELLING residence! NOT EVEN CLOSE! Even worse, when they call on the weekends, really early in the morning or really late at night! Do they think I really have nothing better to do than talk to them? Hmmmm.... Ugh.... Grrrr (Okay, I'm done) Whew, I feel better now....

3. Thing... I love Vera Bradley purses. I got the new catlague on Tuesday and can't stop drooling over it. I even got my sister Charlene addicted (hee hee, I knew I could make a monster!!!). So what if my DH thinks they are ugly and that they look like Grannie purses! I like them... (Secretly I am trying to plan a trip to the outlet sale... Shhhhhhhh, its a secret! My DH might kill me, or continue to jeer at this wonderful new obsession that I have.) Maybe I will have to dedicate a post to my awesome VB purses! Now, my sister Charlene wants to see my VB reversible belt... I haven't quite went that direction yet....

4. Quirk. I think that my house is dirty, ALL THE TIME! I especially thnk that the house is dirty if there is hair on the bathroom floor... This is usually an everyday occurance. As a result, I feel like Monica from friends sometimes. I never let my house get as dirty as it did this fall. I can't believe I lived through this disasterous occurance. Needless to say, While you could probably eat off my floors and take the white glove to the tables, my house will ALWAYS BE DIRTY! (I wonder if there is a medication to treat this... Hmmmmmmm....)

5. Habit. I never use condiments on food. I do not like ketchup, mustard, mayo etc... Unless its is hot sauce, I do not touch it. No joke! Hotdogs are plain. Hamburgers are eaten only with pickle. BLT's with no Mayo! Come on people, TASTE YOUR FOOD!!!

6. Habit.... Okay, brace yourselves... I LOOK IN PEOPLES MEDICINE CABINETS!!!! Yes, there you have it.... I finally admitted it. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR HOUSE I HAVE PROBABLY, NO MOST DEFINATELY LOOKED IN YOUR MEDICINE CABINET. I feel better. I do have a fear about this though... I think I saw it happen on a movie once. I fear that when i look into someone's cabinet that it will collapse and stuff will fall out and hit me in the face. (You can see that this has really deterred me from doing it.)

Wow! I feel better today! Now, who will I pass this on to? Hmmm.....

Charlene at Living Life Out Loud!

Marilyn at Piece by Piece

Rose at Quilted Hills

Taylor at The Wife and Mommy Blog

Katney at Katney's Kaboodle

Twisted Cinderella at Ever After, My Way

5 comments:

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Oh I gotta say, your blog is soooo purty with all the hearts and all... reminded me that I hafta go out and do something mushy for the DH... ugh... I'm such a scatterbrain lately... LOL
But your 'Six Inconsequential things' tag is hilarious... gave me a few smiles this AM...
the medicine cabinet thingy was great... yeh, you open mine and stuff will come spillin' out all over into the sink and I'll know it's you snoopin' in there... heh... I got all sorts of stuff jammed in there because I have nothing for storage in my teensy weensy little bathroom *groan*... I hate clutter with a passion so I tend to cram stuff into places so I don't see it. I hate knick knacks because they collect dust... LOL.
Either way, it was a fun post.
Thanks for dropping by and the nice comment... I will add you as well to my blog buddy list... don't wanna miss any more "nail-biting" posts such as this one! :D

desirae said...

I bite my nails too. Always have, probably always will. No matter how hard I try not to, it just happens.. And the telemarketers.. They start at 7 and don't quit till sometime's after 9.. It's ridiculous. I don't even answer (I have a hard time saying no and would probably be roped into buying like 98 gallons of white paint, 2 subscribtions to the newspaper, or something else we do not need.) I'm glad I livened up your Thursday, and saved you from homework..

Lara said...

HA HA HA! So find anything interesting in mine when you were there? The movie was Father of the Bride 2 and it was HYSTERICAL when it fell off the wall! I will pray it never happens to you!!

Jesse said...

First off I love your new background and second I love the meme-I may have to do it. I for one always think the house is never really clean.

onthegomom said...

My #1 answer was...biting my nails, too!!!!!! I hate it but I just can't quit. PLUS 2 out of my 3 kids do it too :-(