Friday, January 25, 2008

We have an Angel

So, yesterday was the finally the end of our "limbo". We received unfortunate news at the ultrasound... There was no heartbeat and the baby measured smaller than last time.
I felt somewhat prepared for this. It was like I mourned the previous two weeks and was expecting these results. Sometimes, we just "know".
Yes, I am one to look at the glass as half empty ALOT, but this time I had that gut feeling.
I didn't quite know how to tell my DH. I think I could have had more finesse when I told him but I couldn't think of exactly how to word it. And, for the record, it is much more easy to tell the DH that you are pregnant than you lost it. Take that one from me.
Yes, we are both saddened. Especially the DH, he wants like a million more children. This definitely sets us back a bit.
-Ironically, yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday. We lost her three years ago at the age of 43 due to cancer. I think this was the best birthday present we could have given her, a grandchild to be in heaven with her. I thank my sister for pointing this out. In every situation there is a silver lining. We are trying to focus on positives rather than the loss.

Today, I planned on spending the day with the family. My daughter wanted nothing more than to go to daycare. I was a bit crushed, however, this gave my husband and I the day together.

We went shopping a bit (Always therapeutic), ate lunch, and saw a movie. We opted to see Juno. We were unsure how this would go since we are dealing with a loss, but it was hysterical! One of my favorite lines was this:

"You should've gone to China, you know, 'cause I hear they give away babies like free iPods. You know, they pretty much just put them in those t-shirt guns and shoot them out at sporting events."

If only it were really that simple...............
Hilarious... Go see it... Please!!!!

We are off to dinner with my sister and brother-in-law. They are keeping the little one since we have to be at the hospital tomorrow at the butt-crack of dawn. UGH! I don't know whats worse, the procedure or getting up that early.... Hmmmmmmm.....

More later!

7 comments:

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Jessica, I'm sorry. I really am and please know that I will say prayers for you and your family...
Take care and I'll be back after the weekend,
((Hugs))

Marilyn R said...

Jess, I was so sorry to hear the news. Heaven has been blessed with another angel. Please know that my prayers are with you and Matt.

Corey~living and loving said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you are well grounded, but it can never be easy.
I am thinking of you.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Oh Jessica, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. I went through a loss like this in June.

Jesse said...

Oh Jess I'm so sorry but you're right your mil now has a sweet little angel up there with her. I will continue to pray for your family. Big hugs for all of you.

onthegomom said...

I am so sorry for you loss! {{{HUGS}}}} Take care and get lots and lots of rest.

Kelli said...

Sorry for your lose. Kevin and I were married in 01, (he had never been married or had any children) mine were a little older (teens) anyway, we got preg and I ended up losing it on my oldest sons birthday. Which kind of sucked but if you have to put on a happy face so soon, it did help get through it and to know your (our) baby is in heaven in spirit helps. Take care. Kelli