Monday, February 4, 2008

The announcement of the day....

Its here... If you remember, I made a post way back when (okay, only October) called why on earth would I want a dog. Not sure if I am still ready 100% for everything that it is going to entail, BUT..... I have been searching for about two weeks now for a Weim. After much inner debate, doubt and wonderment, the DH and I decided to go ahead and adopt one from a rescue. She is adorable. (I know one reader of this blog is going to kill me... Just do it quick and and painless as possible...) Now, this dog is already 30 pounds and is expected to be over 75 pounds as an adult. This one is a challenge.

Our previous dog experience was interesting. Let's just say I wasn't a big help to the DH and didn't give the dog the time of day. I think I am already doing better and have a much better mentality. Only four accidents in like 8 hours time.... Ugh! We go to the vet today, lets hope everything checks out. The people that run dog rescues have a heart of gold. Pretty sad place I tell ya.....

Alanna had a hard time deciding what to name her. She was torn between Aurora and Belle. The DH wanted pumba.... Finally, Belle was the final choice. (Woohoo for my DH, another princess in the house?)

Update: We just came from the vet... Everything looks okay. Belle did very well. Looks good. Already 31.5 pounds with the HUGEST paws ever.... I will post some pics of that this week, I promise. Alanna has taken well to Belle. As for Matt and I, lets just say we didn't sleep much last night. It seems that our Princess Belle doesn't like her kennel. OH WELL!!!! Its a dog life for her in that respect, and a bad night of sleep for us! She is currently in her kennel sleeping on a blanket with the door open. GOOD GIRL... And, so far...NO ACCIDENTS TODAY and it is almost 11:30! I just can't wait until I can give her a full bath after her sutues heal in a week. I can empathize with every patient I have given a spit bath to in my life... IF YOU ARE READING THIS I AM SORRY!!!!!!!! That is TOTALLY not a bath....
Next up.... Obedience classes.....

Okay, to the reader of this post that is GOING to kill me... YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT BIGGER DOGS BEING A BIT EASIER TO POTTY TRAIN.....

There you have it folks, the big announcement of the day. (Or what I like to call, the biggest idiotic move I have made so far this week... I am sure there is more to come.....) Hee hee....

(D%#@) Spellchecker!!!! UGH......

10 comments:

OHmommy said...

I know... what is wrong with blogger? I can't take it anymore.

The dog is sooooo flipping cute! So cute!!!

Charlene said...

No Comment - can you tell who thinks you are NUTS

Marilyn R said...

Belle is a sweet looking dog! Do you have a blanket or something thrown over the kennel? Our Lady was much happier in the kennel once we did that. She liked her "cave" and was happy to be in it then. Charlene's comment made me LOL!!!!!

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

OMG! Too CUTE! And Belle is an awesome name!!

Liza said...

You have a heart of gold too. I'm sure Belle will be well taken care of. Glad to hear that your princess loves her too.

I have a tag for you
http://mommyslittlecorner.blogspot.com/2008/02/tag-from-max.html

Cheers!

dcrmom said...

Oh he is a cutie. But better you than me. ;-)

Love the Valentines design! So festive. :-)

onthegomom said...

Belle is adorable! I am not a dog person, really. I like other people's dogs, I just don't want one of my own. Kudos to you!

Carol Beth Scott said...

I am a confessed overachieving dog adopter, too. Sally, the monstrous Mastiff and Gus, the miniature Maltese menace destroy my house daily. But you only live once! And every princess deserves a dog.

I totally knew it was Charlene who you were talking about, even though we've never discussed animals....how funny is that?

desirae said...

Aww your new puppy is Sooo cute.. One question.. Did you forget that I have 7,(Yes SEVEN) brand new puppies, all wanting homes (and princess names)??? Lol.. Seriously, what an adorable dog, and she even looks like a Belle.

MKHKK said...

She is gorgeous. I am partial to Weims. We have had 2. Daisy was our first baby. They are the cutest dogs BUT they think they are people and expect to be treated accordingly. Enjoy her, they are a special breed.