Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Chicken Nugget Eating contest (Also my photohunt!!!)








Yes... What else can I say, my husband and nephew have this extreme obsession or dream to someday become competitive eaters. I have no clue why or where this came from, but they decided to do a contest at 8pm tonight. Please keep in mind that they ate three square meals PLUS more today.... I don't know how they had room... The above slide show has become my photohunters for this week as well... Why? BECAUSE THE SAUCE IS FREE!!!!


Joining in the festivities tonight were Amber and Lara... They were more prepared for the contest and had more room in thier bellies to start off with, proving to be an essential strategy.


The food: 160 McDonald's Chicken Nuggets


The place: My house


The rules: Eat as many nuggets as you could in 12 minutes and you were the winner....


The biggest loser: David (He ate 18 nuggets)


The second loser: Matt (He ate 28 nuggets)


The awesome third loser: Amber (She ate 42 nuggets)


And the WINNER was LARA: (She ate 43 nuggets!!!!)


Now, here is the scary part....Each nugget packs 42 calories and 2.4 grams of fat, SO


David: 756 calories in, 43.2 grams of fat


Matt: 1176 calories in, 67.2 grams of fat


Amber: 1764 calories in, 100.8 grams of fat


Lara: 1806 calories in, 103.2 grams of fat


My conclusion....Make sure you get alot of sauce!!!!




16 comments:

**"Liza"** said...

lol looks like a fun night huh..gessh 43 nuggets thats a lot i cant eat that all my self even with empty stomach. Well congrats to the winner! she will need extra hours ours of exercise to burn those fats.. ;)

everydayhealy said...

Yeah... Looks fun! And, very brave too. I just can't imagine how am I going to squeeze all the nuggets quickly into my stomach. Ain't easy at all! :)

napaboaniya said...

Looks and taste like loads of fun :P
The nuggets were free?

Pato & Pearl said...

this sounds fun! I love McD chicken nuggets and their fries!!!

thanks for dropping by

Pearl

jmb said...

Lucky the sauce was free because the nuggets were not. You are a brave lot. Thanks for the visit Jessica and have a great weekend.

Liza said...

Looks so much fun, I salute Lara for eating 43 nuggets, hehe I don't have room for that ;) Thanks for dropping by. Happy weekend.

Pat said...

Oh my - what fun is that!!

Have a good day.

Carver said...

Wow, that's a lot of nuggets. Humorous take on the free theme.

eastcoastlife said...

This is so fun!! Although the calories added isn't. hehe....

What a contest! I can only eat 4 at a time.

desirae said...

This sounded fun.. (well the whole eating part anyways, not the calories.) I read this entry to my hubby, and suggested we try it.. He says no. I think he's scared I'd beat him.. I love how they want to be competitive eaters.. How did this challenge come about?? Were they just sitting there, and then one of them said, hey let's go get some nuggets and compete? Or has this been scheduled for a while.. (I know I'd need time to plan.)

lupitasloves said...

Love your entry for this weeks photohunt. looks like they were having fun!!! and ya thats alot of calories!!! but looks like everyone had fun!

you take care and have a nice week jessica!!!

Byrning Bunny said...

ha ha ha the sauce is free! lol I want to know if they were all fighting over the toilet bowl last night? Cleaning up after sick kids and spouses is also FREE! lol

http://byrningbunny.wordpress.com/

Jen said...

LOL! That's hilarious and looks like fun! Thanks so much for dropping by! I love your blog look, it's really cute! I hope you feel better this week. Sorry to hear that you are sick

ancient one said...

Who would have thought anyone could eat 43 chicken nuggets? Glad you had FREE sauce!!

Ed said...

ACK! :)

Rose said...

THAT is hillarious! How come YOU didn't join in??? Blech! I hate nuggets. LOL

I hope you're feeling lots better by now. Drink your fluids missy!