Sunday, February 3, 2008

I actually went out with the DH!

Yes... I know: Shocking! For Christmas, the DH bought me tickets to see the musical My Fair Lady at the Cadillac theatre in Chicago. It was great. (THANK YOU!!!!)




Prior to going, we met up with two of our good friends for dinner. We went to a place called


il Mulino New York. It was too fancy to take pics but it was gorgeous inside. The restraunt was in an old mansion with awesome chandiliers and decor. We got a great seat next to the fire place. After sitting down, we were immediately given a spread of appetizers including fresh parmesean cheese that came from a huge piece the size of basketball, no joke. They also gave us some awesome zucchini, brushetta and bread. That was just the beginining. From there, we had great calamari and ordered the main course: I chose a wonderfully tender veal dish. I couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me! Finally, my DH ordered not one, but two desserts. EEK! Ricotta cheesecake and Tiramuso (YUCK to both....) Our friend chose the lemon sorbet and it was served right out of a lemon. YUM to that one!




We had a great night. It seems that after you have been married for a while and have a child, you don't make enough time for each other. This is definately something I think the DH and I need to do more often. We are planning our next excursion! Woohoo!!!!




Here is what we look like when we clean up a bit...

Not bad... The DH always takes funny photos... This one is actually good!

Well, I will visit more tomorrow... And FINALLY pass on the award..... Not to mention make a huge announcement that took place today. Good night!

PS... Please continue to excuse the typos.... The spell checker is still not working! UGH

4 comments:

desirae said...

You guys both look so nice. And I'm glad that you had a good time. Wish I could get my hubby to take me somewhere.. Anywhere.. I'm thinking about making a White Castle Valentine's reservation. Maybe I'll wear my old prom dress.( White castle, and vintage prom dresses.. Hot!!)

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Mmmm... calamari...mmmm... I can never find good calamari around here that isn't chewy... sigh.
It sounds like you had a wonderful time and yes, you do need to get out more often! I'll babysit! LOL

Btw, the pic of you two is awesome, you guys are so cute! :)

Marilyn R said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! yeah!

Sarah said...

WOW!! What a great night! My Fair Lady is one of my all-time FAVES! Kudos to your hubby for such a nice gift!