Thursday, February 21, 2008

This one is for MKHKK

Clinicals are awesome....

I try not to write about to much medical stuff here on my blog for a few reasons...

1. It might make some squirmish

2. It might bore some

3. I dont know what stories to share... I have so many of them!



Funny enough, I have to say that clinicals are going great. If you are new to my blog let me update you a bit. I am already a RN and will finish with my Masters in nursing and certify as a Family Nurse Practitioner in August of this year! Woot for me!



Okay, now...



Things I have learned in clinicals that I will share with you....



TOTALLY LOVE YOUR WARTS...Okay, maybe not. But I have now learned how to burn and freeze them off and neither one is fun.



If you think you have mood instability, get help. This does not mean you are nuts. Zprexa can do wonders for many and I think it should be in the water. Many people don't realize that wanting to kill everyone and than loving them 15 minutes later IS NOT NORMAL, well, unless you have children...



Don't go to Walmart after clinical, especially if you would like to decrease the chances of you seeing patients that you might have just performed a pap on. (I used to hate the crotch DR, now I just empathize with them....) TOTALLY AKWARD



Don't eat at several dine out locations... TRUST me. Reasons to not eat out include the following:

Food testing positive for syphilis... Need I say anything else? Don't eat anything with WHITE sauce or SECRET sauce. (I'm gagging....)



Every rash or pimple IS NOT MRSA



Get regular pedicures. Seriously people... What makes you think that Dr's and Nurses want to see your nasty feet as a result of an in-grown toenail? UGH!



My final tip.... DONT play with a pocket knife barefoot... Yes, you may require stitches and a tetnus shot after this one you fool!

7 comments:

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Whaaa!!? Geeze Jess..... don't play with a pocket knife barefoot? ... ya take the fun outta everything.
Well, I don't wanna play with you anymore... hmmpf

LOL...

My DH tried to make cutoff shorts with his jeans with a pocketknife while camping while he was STILL wearing them... yeh, that was quite a mess when it turned out it was skin he was cutting and not jeans... silly man!

Janice said...

I too think Zprexa should be in the water, especially here in Vernal, the people here are mean and irritable.

My hubby once was trying to take a screw out of a gun or something, with a really dull pocket kinfe, not good, it went all the way through the thumb.

Marilyn R said...

Wow Jess, we are going to have to talk about that resturant!

Rose said...

ROFLOL! Too funny, Jessica. I remember all too well working in the hospital and the different people you would run into. I can empathize with you!!

Jesse said...

As for feet I hate them but dang I'm not going to let them look tore up. So I make sure they are painted and look nice.

MKHKK said...

i was Roflmao! Isn't health care great?! I have so many stories, many of them to disgusting for public knowledge. It amazes me what people do. I am always up for a gross healthcare story if you need to share!

onthegomom said...

Hey Jessica, I would listen to your clinical stories anyday! I love them. I work in the medical field and there are some doozies out there.

I also wanted to thank you for your medical advice on my blog! My dr. did put me on Paxil and after 5 days I can see a difference in my energy level. My son was tested yesterday for Mono, so we will see how that goes. He's somewhat better but not even close to 100%. He can barely make it through the day. Anyway, I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!